Protecting people for almost 150 years and today we protect around 4 million Australians and their families.
We know that the most important part of life isn’t the stuff we own, but the experiences we share with the people we love. It’s living life. This Australian life. That’s why we do what we do, we help Australians live a life filled with choices, options and freedoms – no matter what happens. This purpose is at the heart of our business and it’s why we come to work each day.
Every Australian life is different. And we know the value of having different people from all walks of life with varied points of view to reflect the communities we protect. We have a rich culture of diversity at TAL and we’re proud of it. Our Diversity and Inclusion Council works to ensure TAL remains a respectful and inclusive place to work where our people can be themselves. The Council focuses on three key areas: LGBTI+, gender equality and Indigenous internships.
TAL has a large and diverse LGBTI+ community, over 7%* of our staff identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex. We also have many allies of the LGBTI+ community across all of our offices. Our TAL Pride network is for all our people who identify as LGBTI+, and their allies. TAL Pride was created to increase workplace inclusion for people of diverse sexuality and gender identity, creating a visibly inclusive environment which encourages our people to bring their whole selves to work – a common vision we share with Out for Australia. Since TAL Pride was formed we have;
- Won Most Improved Employer at the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index Awards (AWEI)
- Recognised as a ‘Bronze Employer’ at the 2018 LGBTI Inclusion Awards
- Reviewed existing polices and guidelines resulting in the addition a Trans and gender diverse employee support guide
- Celebrated IDAHOBIT, Wear It Purple Day, World AIDS Day each year in support of the LGBTI+ community
- Hosted several internal social functions for our people and our partners to celebrate our LGBTI+ community, including a joint event together with OFA in 2018
At TAL we’re focused on developing leadership, promoting diversity, rewarding excellence and retaining great talent. For more information on joining TAL, visit our careers page on www.tal.com.au.
*2016 TAL D&I Survey